Hello! Welcome to 7 Quick Takes, hosted by the ever-inspiring Kelly Mantoan!!!!
- This week, I decided to splurge on laundry “scent booster.” About a year and a half ago, my sister bought one of those 5-gallon-sized laundry detergent containers to support a fundraiser at school. We’ve been using that tub of detergent for what seems like eons. The detergent doesn’t have much “umph” to the scent, so I decided enough was enough and bought myself these delightful crystals, which I think are just wonderful:
- Yesterday I went to a Crossfit promotional workout that was hosted by one of the local Crossfit boxes at a nearby outdoors shopping center. The workout was modified for beginners. Aside from my ballroom dance lessons, the extend of my workouts are walking around the office at work, and about one walk a week. I lift my girly weights here and there, but I don’t have a regular workout routine. Yesterday afternoon after the workout, my thighs started to burn. By evening, every time I sat down or got up from a chair, I could feel the muscles throughout my body yelling and screaming at me. HAHA! My aching muscles are my reminder to get myself into a workout routine. Who knows?! Maybe I’ll improve my dance technique in the meantime!! WIN-WIN!!
- I’ve been writing in my gratitude journal more lately. It’s amazing how much my perspective on world-news and stress improves when I count my blessings. It doesn’t take away the reality of awful things happening around the world, but reality becomes clearer when I see it through the lens of God’s ever-present loving care.
4. My card-making supplies always make me happy. Look at all the colors and goodness:
Making cards and sending them to family and friends is one of my hobbies/ministries. Do you or someone you know need some joy and cheer? Comment below with the name and address where I can mail some bright and cheerful mail!
5. Please keep in your prayers a friend of mine, Emily, who is having surgery this Tuesday to remove a brain tumor. She is invoking the patronage of Saint Philomena. Any and all prayers that the surgeon can completely remove the tumor and that my friend has a full and complete recovery are so deeply appreciated.
6. I made chili and biscuits recently. Easy peasy and delicious.
7. I have been SOOOOO excited to make an announcement about my blogging journey!! I will be making the big announcement next week, and I wanted to get you pumped up with me ahead of time to rev up the excitement. Stay tuned for the Big Announcement next week!!
For more 7 Quick Takes, head on over to Kelly’s at thisaintthelyceum!!